Disclaimer:

The opinions presented in this blog are my own and may not necessarily reflect those of the Peace Corps

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Final days in Montana

I have only tonight and tomorrow left in Montana.  Why am I not feeling crazy right now?  Maybe it hasn't dawned on me that I will be spending the next couple years living in rural Mali.  Or it could be that I am very aware of this fact and it is almost old news at this point.  Maybe it's the couple wins the Mariners had against the Yankees that have got me all distracted.  I suppose I am not emotionally prepared for the shock of arriving in Africa, but there is nothing wrong with that.  I expect the transition to life in Mali to be extremely challenging emotionally and physically... and I also expect it to be very rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Matthew,

    Yes, this qualifies as an adventure of a lifetime -- which is bound to elicit lots of different emotions! Through all of them, now and in the future, remember to B-R-E-A-T-H-E .

    Much love, and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete